A native Washingtonian, Bill Day is a longtime Maryland resident, having lived in Rockville, Potomac, and Silver Spring. Located in Rockville, the Day Law Practice is ideally situated to serve employees in both Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Prior to establishing his firm in Rockville, Mr. Day practiced employment law in the District of Columbia for fifteen years. Mr. Day received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the George Washington University Law School in 1997, and he has been admitted to the Maryland and District of Columbia Bars, in addition to the federal courts in Maryland, the District of Columbia and elsewhere.
In addition to practice before the federal and state courts, Mr. Day has frequently appeared before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in federal employee cases, and has successfully litigated cases before the Merit Systems Protection Board.
The Day Law Practice, LLC
Principal since 2013.
Gebhardt & Associates, LLP
An AV-rated plaintiff-side employment law firm concentrating on representation of federal employees before the federal courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Merit Systems Protection Board. The firm brought cases against numerous federal agencies, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, the United States Department of Agriculture, the United States Navy, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Transportation, and the United States Capitol Police Board.
- Juris Doctor, The George Washington University Law School, 1997
- Master of Arts, University of Chicago, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts, Yale University, 1987
- Peace Corps
- Center for Study of Responsive Law
- Times Community Newspapers
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA)
- Maryland Employment Lawyers Association (MELA)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- American Association for Justice
- Rotary Club of Washington, D.C.
- National Peace Corps Association